Detroit Web Design

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Why the Parent's of Detroit Meter Maids do not love them


My girlfriend parked out in front of my building a couple nights ago. When I took the dog out the following morning I observed a true Detroit Hero....a meter maid....putting a ticket on her windshield. A quick glance of the parking situation revealed that a parking violation was humanely impossible. As the ugly monster put the ticket on the window I yelled something to the effect of "Excuse Me" or "Hi" which resulted in this courageous woman dropping the ticket and sprinting to her car.......as fast the best could. After processing the pathetic display I moseyed over to check out the ticket. The violation was something that makes me want to punch myself in the face. Apparently, she had violated the ordinance that required people to not park within TWENTY feet of a cross walk. Twenty feet? Is that in case someone may want to bring a boat across the street? I was flabbergasted. BUT, there is more. The crosswalk she claimed was obscured was actually on the other street. NO crosswalk is on the street the vehicle was parked. If you look at the pic you can clearly see a curb signify it is NOT a crosswalk. There IS a cross walk, with a ramp, crossing the other street. I took a picture because at 7am you are so pissed about being up that an incident like this pushes you over the edge and you are ready to fight this injustice. After a cup of coffee I realized that fighting the ticket would cost more time, effort, and money then paying the ticket. Apparently I am no more courageous than the sloth that wrote the ticket. Although, I do feel much better after writing this. If there are any meter maids out there that know I am wrong please let me know. I would feel better knowing it was a violation.

Comments on "Why the Parent's of Detroit Meter Maids do not love them"

 

post a comment